Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
Junior Academy has the unique ability to offer Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Services during the school day. These professional services work one-on-one with students and also collaborate with Junior Academy staff to help students thrive and achieve their personal goals.
Kristine Locklin is our in-house Occupational Therapist. Kristine graduated from Queen’s University and has been working in Pediatric Occupational Therapy since 2000 in the public and private systems. Kristine has additional training in Neurodevelopmental Therapy (NDT), Sensory Integration Therapy (SIPT certified), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Social Thinking.
Your child may benefit from Occupational Therapy services for the following:
- Sensory Integration Therapy ( classroom participation, self regulation)
- Motor Skill development (running, jumping, climbing)
- Written Output (printing, cursive)
- Social Skills (making friends)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (managing worries)
Speech Stars provides our in-house speech-language pathology services. They offer comprehensive speech and language services. These services include:
- Speech and language assessments
- Language therapy
- Articulation therapy
- Voice therapy
- Resonance therapy
- Fluency (stuttering) therapy